Friday, February 11, 2011

Yellow Eyes!!

After fishing the reef for a while and catching a few small ones, we decided to try a deep drop or 2. The deep water... I mean really deep water... is only 1/4 mile off shore here. It drops from a couple of hundred to several thousand feet in less than 200 yards. We dropped 2 lines down in about 500 feet of water. We got tangled, but Harold had this nice Red Snapper on his line. They have a name for them here... Yellow Eyes!!! Wonder where the name comes from? We look forward to pan seared snapper with white wine sauce tonight!!!

Catching this fish reminds me that I sure wish I had brought my/David Cox's electramates... they are all set up and ready to do this kind of fishing. I sure will know next time!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. KEEP UM COMING AND NEAL BRING ME A SNACK WHEN YOU COME BACK HOME, LOL
    A.B.

    ReplyDelete